CAN I USE SMOKE BOMBS ANYWHERE?
- Smoke Grenades are not Fireworks and usage is not restricted to certain days of the year. Anyone 18+ can use our Smoke freely on private property, with the permission of the property owner. Be that as it may, we urge you to use common sense: for example, do not place the device down on dry grass or on your wooden deck. Also, keep in mind that your neighbours may be alarmed if they see white or black smoke billowing from your yard. In short, be a good Canadian: Think about what you are doing, be Respectful of others and Take Proper Care.
CAN I USE EG SMOKE IN A DRY AREA THAT HAS FLAMMABLE ITEMS AROUND?
- No, please be careful as Smoke Grenades can cause fires. They produce sparks for 1-2 seconds once the ring is pulled and there is also heat generated within 1-2 cm of the hole(s) where the smoke is venting. So be aware of this and do not hold or place them on or near flammable substances.
CAN I HOLD SMOKE GRENADES IN MY HAND?
- Pyrotechnics are inherently dangerous. And despite our utmost care in design and manufacture, our products are not immune to malfunction (rare as it may be). As such, EG Smoke is meant to be used only with Gloves and Eye protection. Do not hold it in your bare hand. Pull the wire to ignite and then immediately place the device down on a non-flammable surface, maintaining a 2 meter safety distance. If you insist on holding a Smoke Bomb in your hand (e.g. for a Photoshoot or Video) then you are hereby warned: Gear Up with proper and adequate protection! You may see others holding our Smoke barehanded, but we do not condone this.
ARE THE GENDER REVEAL PRODUCTS LABELING DISCREET?
Yes. If you order both colours, we will provide a sheet telling you how to distinguish the difference. Otherwise, you will not be able to tell--we have maintained the element of surprise!
DOES SMOKE STAIN CLOTHING OR ANYTHING ELSE?
- Yes they absolutely can stain. However, they tend only to stain material that is very close to the smoke vent--i.e. to the hole where smoke comes out. After setting the smoke bomb down, if you are 2 meters away and just standing in the smoke cloud, it should not stain your clothing or anything for that matter. Note that smoke devices can also stain the ground--if left on their sides. We recommend keeping the smoke device at least 2 meters away from you to avoid staining.
WHY IS DG SHIPPING MORE THAN REGULAR SHIPPING?
- Smoke Grenades are Pyrotechnics and classified as "Dangerous Goods" by Transport Canada. Accordinlgy, they require certain precautions when shipping. Canadian carriers charge additional fees for handling Dangerous Goods, which means that these products are more expensive to ship than everyday, household items.
CAN YOU EXPEDITE SHIPPING?
- Dangerous Goods products can be shipped by Ground only. We cannot expedite shipping and the options for shipping at checkout are the only options.
DO YOU ACCEPT RETURNS?
- Unfortunately we do not accept returns so be certain before you order!
CAN YOU SHIP TO ANOTHER COUNTRY?
- We ship only within Canada. But EG products are available worldwide. For orders in the USA and Europe, please see our US or UK affiliate sites. For orders outside these regions, please contact us to see if there is a dealer in your area.
CAN I TAKE SMOKE GRENADES ON A PLANE?
- If you enjoy jeopordizing the safety of others and being detained or arrested then sure. Otherwise, please obey the law and do not take Explosives on passenger Aircraft.
CAN YOU LEAVE MY PACKAGE AT MY DOOR?.
- No. Verbal consent or the signature of someone 18+ is required upon delivery. Note that this also means we cannot ship to PO Boxes. If you are not home to receive your order or do not have a physical address,your package can be collected at a nearby Courier Pick-Up location.
MY SMOKE BOMB DIDN'T WORK!
- 99% of duds are due to user error. Chief among these is pulling the wire incorrectly. With the exception of SD75 Smoke, all our Smoke products are activated by pulling the ring to the side--that is, at a 90 degree angle away from the device, in one smooth motion (no jerky pulling). Do not pull the wire upwards.
ARE SMOKE GRENADES SAFE TO BREATHE?.
- Our Smoke is non-toxic. Even so, it is never recommended to be used indoors or in confined spaces, because it can cause irritation to inhale. Note that the chemical reaction producing the smoke does produce an odor similar to Fireworks.
CAN I USE THEM AT A SPORTING EVENT?
- Some Canadian sports stadiums have designated sections where Fan groups are allowed to use Smoke bombs according to agreed upon rules of conduct. However, if you do not have specific permission, do not use them. In short, if the property is not your own, always ask permission before you set off a smoke grenade--or you may face unwanted consquences.
CAN I MAKE AMAZING PICTURES WITH THEM?
- Yes, absolutely! Our smoke bombs produce the highest quality smoke and are the best for photography and videography. If you do get some cool footage, please tag us on instagram @egcanadasmoke -- we would love to feature your photos!
CAN I USE THEM INSIDE?
- No, our smokes release way too much smoke to be used indoors. Warning: your smoke alarm will go off! If you use smoke indoors. Also, smoke grenades can cause fire if placed on or near flammable materials. If you doi use smoke inside for a professional application (e.g. filming or photographing on a sounsstage or in a warehouse setting), please keep the area well ventilated by using exhaust fans or by opening windows and doors and make sure you have a fire extinguisher on hand.
CAN I STOP THE SMOKE FROM COMING OUT ONCE IT IS ACTIVATED?
- No, please don't try. That would result in injury. Never put your hand near the end that has smoke coming out.